Italian Infused Canola Oil
This divine infused canola oil is amazing as the base of an oil and vinegar salad dressing, a dip for freshly baked focaccia or poured over sliced cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese for a pasta salad unlike any other. Try this Italian infused canola oil in one of your favourite summer dishes!
Pairs best with: Heartland
- 1 cup XV Cold-Pressed canola oil (250 mL)
- 4 sundried tomato halves
- Rind from a small block of Parmesan
- 2 fresh basil sprigs
- 2 fresh Italian parsley sprigs
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, combine all ingredients. Simmer until the canola oil is warm, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand until oil is cool. Strain the canola oil through a sieve lined with cheesecloth into a clean re-sealable bottle.
- Keep refrigerated for up to three days.