Black Bean and Lentil Salad with Chili-Lime Vinaigrette
A heart healthy summer salad perfect for lunches, picnics, or barbecues. The black beans and lentils make it high in fibre and protein. The chili-lime vinaigrette adds a punch of flavour that will leave you wanting more!
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained (19 oz/540 mL)
- 1 can lentils rinsed and drained (19 oz/540 mL)
- 1 avocado chopped (1)
- 1 medium tomato chopped (1)
- 1 orange or yellow pepper chopped (1)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion chopped (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup Cold‑Pressed Virgin Canola Oil (60 mL)
- 1/2 tsp grated lime zest (2 mL)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (60 mL)
- 1 Tbsp honey (15 mL)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (15 mL)
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped (1)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp coriander (2 mL)
In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. Stir in vinaigrette and toss lightly.
- In measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Pour over salad.